All collision and crash routines are ported.
So where are we with the project? Well, amazingly, the entire core game engine is now ported and fully working! Wooo! (It's amazing to me, when I think back to starting this impossible task a few years ago).
There's still plenty to do before the initial port can be considered done, even if the remainder is somewhat easier. Let's take a look at what's coming next in no particular order:
- Bonus sequence code. (This is going to be easy, but quite boring to port unfortunately)
- Start sequence code. (Ferrari driving in from side, countdown lights and man waving flag)
- Attract Mode AI
- High Score Screen
- Course Map Screen
- Game Logic (Timers, HUD, Switching between various game modes)
- Music Selection Screen (Somewhat started)
- Attract Mode (Some areas started)
- Service Mode (For completeness!)
And then we can move onto the optional enhancements, and the features that make this project really exciting.